"Our biggest mission field is in our own backyard."

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sad Day

Today we went to the church to do some laying concrete. We also had lunch and breakfast at the church as well. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I love fried plantains. :) However after almuerzo [lunch] it rained. So I threw my raincoat on and danced in the rain. It was a lot of fun. After everyone settled with lunch, it was time for us to leave. It was really hard. I wish we could stay longer. After we got Carolina away from her mom's house, we went and put a new bunk bed in her new room. She had already moved her stuff in and everything. I was really happy we could give her and her children new beds to sleep on. She was really happy too. She was away with Mariana and a few others getting ice cream to go deeper in conversation about some of her text messages. She did admit that she knows she is a sinner. This is a big step for her. Mariana wants her to pray some more. Hopefully real soon she will accept Christ. [Pray real hard!!!] We then headed to downtown San Jose. We went to a market. I got some rings and stuff. One of the vendors even made me a copper ring with no charge. It is an abstract P and V for Pura Vida!!! :) We were suppose to go to a nice place to eat, but we ended up eating McDonalds back at the house. But french fries are french fries to me! :) Big day tomorrow. We are going 2 be on the road about 6am to go see a Volcano. Then we head off to the orphange to help out and plant a garden. Then we head in the bus for about a 3hour ride to the beach. :) CIAO!
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment