"Our biggest mission field is in our own backyard."

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Hit the Wall

:
Today, 3 words...WHAT A DAY!!! I hit a wall when it came to my patience. This kid knew how to push buttons. Yet, that is not a downer on my day. I also can smell my feet from my seat...it's a tad bit gross. :D

Today we had Pentecost Sunday at a local church in one of the barrios. Pastor Alejandro wanted Nathan to preach the sermon. We also had a guest music leader. His name was Daniel or Dani. We danced in church today too!! It was awesome. God was in that church this morning. It was a blast. Nathan talked about how everyone has a gift from God. A special talent to call our own. I've been thinking about that all week. :)

After we had church, we ate lunch there too. I ate a pork rine without knowing....I thought it was a Hispanic Funyon Chip kinda thing. I am still a little weirded out. We also had Chicken & Rice, but it had other meet in it as well...so I ate pork. I don't like pork. :/

Fun Fact: Costa Rica doesn't have an Army

In the afternoon, we had kids camp at the church. Three young girls accepted Christ. It was a blessing. :) I helped in the rec part. The older group [teenagers] loved Ultimate Frisbee. It was so much fun playing with them. The younger age [4-7] loved playing with the parachute. It was cute. But the preteens, had some attitudes when it came to sports. But that group had some progress on the Bible lessons. One kid always said Que? every time I said something in Spanish. OR they said No when I said escucha! I should have handled it better, but I was frustrated that I could not get my point through.

It finally hit me today that I am in Costa Rica. We were driving to church with a CD in blasting Chris Tomlin's Awesome God. The whole bus was singing, and it hit me. We serve a God who is so great. He blesses each day. When things seem bad, a rainbow always comes after the rain. :)

We went to a place like Costco or Sam's Club to get some stuff to make bags of food to take to the houses when we go tomorrow. We laughed and ran around that place. It was so much fun. We sang on the bus & danced. It was so much fun. :) A great day!

I love talking to the girl on this trip. We can laugh and talk about everything under the sun. It is fun just to talk, and see how people deal with situations. It also helps to just talk about life with people. I have missed moments like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment