"Our biggest mission field is in our own backyard."

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Barnes and Noble Life Experiences

I was suppose to go back to Costa Rica in June of 2013, however it got canceled. I know it is all apart of God's plans. I do miss Mariana. Please pray for her, and the barrios she works in. I know she is hitting some obstacles there. The people are so amazing, and I would love to go help her.

 I am going to Charleston over my Spring Break to do Habitat for Humanity. I'm going with my school, and not BCM. It's not technically called a mission trip. However, the student leader is a believer, so she and I will be making it a mission trip. :) I am excited to do that. I will be put out of my comfort zone, and I am looking forward to that.

I am torn at this moment. I want to do missions, and I want to be a business major. I finished Go+Do by Jay Milbrandt. It was amazing, and all about missions. So I needed a new book to read, and this is how amazing our wonderful God works:
 I went to Barnes & Noble with a list of books from my BCM Advisor. She gave it to me over the summer, and I am picking books that I may find neat on it. I went looking for any kind of book that would be a good read. I took several off the shelf, and sat on the floor. I prayed asking God to help me decide which book I needed to read. I also prayed that if I was suppose to talk to anyone in that bookstore, that He open the right doors. Eventually a couple came onto the aisle, and I apologized for the 7 books I had scattered on the floor. They didn't seem to pleased by my actions, but I meant no harm and could see that maybe I didn't need to talk to them. Concentrating on my books, I soon realized that about 4 other people were on this same aisle. I got this stirring in my heart as this lady went past me. Mentally I started talking to God, saying is this her? What do I say? She picked up a book, Kisses from Katie, and I recognized the book. I hadn't read it, but the lady walked away before I could speak to her. So I prayed that God bring her back. I looked to see if there was another Kisses from Katie, but there wasn't anything but an empty spot. A little bummed, I looked across the store to see who I thought was the lady. I went searching for her, but could not find her. I ended up stopping at a table filled with books, and remarkably a stack of Kisses from Katie sat on that table. I realize now, that God sent me searching so I could find that book. At the checkout, I did get to speak to a girl about missions. She has been to many places, and I pray that she can go back to Southeast Asia.

God works in many ways, and if we just stop and listen we can see how He works in our own lives.

I have gotten to read a part of the foreward in Kisses from Katie. It has already captured my heart. I am doing a speech in a couple of hours on Katie. Which is another way God has worked in my life tonight. I have changed my speech topic multiple times because the topic never felt right. But talking about missions, and Amazima feels right. I am thankful that He has shown me so much about missions tonight. I feel my heart changing. I realize that I could be happy with so much less. I just cannot wait to see how He uses that for my future.

Ciao
Pura Vida
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment